Whitstable Castle

Whitstable Castle or Tankerton Towers as it was first called started life as a residence for the Pearson Family in the late 1790’s and over its long history it has been developed and improved by successive owners.

From 2008 to 2010 the Castle and its Gardens were restored and revitalised with the help of over £2 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund’s ‘Parks for People' initiative and an extra £1 million from Canterbury City Council and other groups and organisations in Whitstable.

Today the Castle is managed by The Whitstable Castle Trust which is made up of a committed group of local people.

Click Here to visit the website